Kan, Ullman Sails & Arndon respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit any website, hosted and maintained by Kan, Ullman Sails or Arndon (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site(s), including any data you may provide through our site(s) when you sign up to our newsletter(s), purchase a product or register an account with us.
Our site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
Arndon Group is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We are made up of different legal entities including Kan Ltd, Ullman Sails GBR Ltd and Arndon Ltd which are incorporated and registered in the UK. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Arndon Group so when we mention Arndon, “we”, “group”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Group responsible for processing your data.
Our data privacy officer (DPO) is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Arndon Ltd
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 15 Compass Point, Ensign Way, Hamble SO31 4HG
Should you have any concerns, we would appreciate the chance to deal with them in the first instance. If you would like to speak to us in relation to any concerns you have, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Changes to Policy
We may amend and update this policy from time to time.
Any Changes in the future will be posted on this page.
Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data that you give us through our site or by using our applications, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, middle name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our site and products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). In this case, we may be unable to process an order for a product or we may have to cancel a product you have ordered with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We may collect data about you from a number of sources, including but not limited to the following:
- Direct interactions. You may give us, or a company in the Group, your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you may;
- place an order for our products;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions.
- As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. (To learn more about cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org)
How we use your personal data
Personal data about our Customers is an important part of our business and we will will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to help identify services that are suitable e.g. delivery addresses outside the UK and different freight partners and charges.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) e.g.
- Credit reference agencies and / or to recover debts due to us,
- To keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products / services. Perhaps to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- To run our business, provision of administration, IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
- Where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We will strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product experience or other transactions.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purpose of running our business.
- Internal third parties such as our employees or officers and legal entities within the Group.
- External third parties including specialist IT support, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of websites, any applications and any contract we enter into with them or you including card payment solutions, delivery companies to deliver your order (such as DHL, Royal Mail, TNT, FedEx).
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data with other members of the Group and between countries in which we operate. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Many countries to which we may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA do not have an adequate level of protection for personal data approved by the European Commission. The data is normally delivery details. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you have registered to receive communications from us as part of our mailing list, then we will keep your personal data for up to 7 years, at which time we will seek to obtain consent from you to continue storing your data and contacting you.
3. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. We will only use your data for this if you have not opted out.
Correction of information
If you notify us that the personal data we hold is complete or inaccurate we will correct or complete the information as soon as possible.
Deletion of information
You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted; including if we no longer need it for the purpose we collected it, or, where our legal basis for processing is that you have given consent, you withdraw your consent.
Following such a request we will erase your personal data without undue delay unless continued retention is necessary and permitted by law. If we made the personal data public, we will take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing about your erasure request.
Object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Restriction on processing
You have the right to request that we suspend processing your personal data, but hold it for you, in the event the personal data we hold is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need the personal data. Once the processing is restricted, we will only continue to process your personal data if you consent or we have another legal basis for doing so.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you and any access request will usually be free of charge. We will endeavour to provide information in a format requested, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for additional (duplicate) copies.
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data which you gave to us. The copy will be provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also have it transmitted directly from us to another data controller, where reasonably technically possible. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Withdraw consent at any time
You may withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex, or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Copyright 2018 Ullman Sails